Breville‘s new Joule Turbo Sous Vide, known for their espresso machines, has just released the new Joule Turbo Sous Vide. I love kitchen gadgets, and although this is not a coffee specific one, I’ll kindly use it over WiFi to boil water in the morning. The first-of-its-kind kitchen gadget is the result of over eight years of research, development, and rocket science (yes, you read that right) to bring you sous vide cooking in half the time.
The Joule Turbo Sous Vide is the brainchild of Breville, the global brand known for its innovative and stylish kitchen appliances, and ChefSteps, the creators of award-winning recipes and software. By combining their expertise, they’ve created an immersion circulator that allows even beginner cooks to master the art of sous vide.
ChefSteps come with over 140 tailored recipes from Breville’s test kitchen and an ever-growing library of sous vide content. You’ll never run out of ideas. Currently, there are over 1.6 million home cooks in their community.
Douglas Baldwin, Ph.D., Breville’s Senior Mathematician and Food Expert, and his team used the same type of mathematics that track rockets in space to ensure accurate and faster results. The result? Perfectly cooked food in half the time. Talk about out-of-this-world cooking!
As Grant Crilly, ChefSteps and Joule co-founder, puts it, “The new Joule Turbo Sous Vide answers some struggles we’ve heard in the community for years.” New software innovations make it possible to achieve perfect results, like cooking a steak, automatically.
The Joule App, available on Apple and Android devices, makes cooking a breeze with step-by-step video guides and Autopilot recipes tailored to your chosen ingredients. Visual Doneness allows you to see your desired results before you even start cooking. Plus, the Primetime function ensures your food never overcooks, maintaining the ideal doneness.
Catherine Ruspino, Breville’s Senior Vice President of Product and Solutions, notes that the Joule Turbo Sous Vide will make cooking even simpler and faster, whether you’re entertaining a crowd or just making a mid-week dinner.
Key features of the Joule Turbo Sous Vide include 1,100 watts, a peak water temperature of 198°F, and voice activation through Alexa or Google Voice Assistant. The sleek, compact design easily fits into any kitchen drawer.
Priced at $249.95, Breville’s Joule™ Sous Vide Turbo is now available for purchase nationwide via Brevilleusa.com.
Key features of the Joule™ Turbo Sous Vide include:
- 1,100 watts
- Peak water temperature of 198 degrees Fahrenheit
- Connected Cooking with the Joule™ App: Guided Cooks, Joule™ Autopilot, Primetime, Progress Monitoring, Tips & Tricks and Voice Activation
- Visual Doneness™ for cooks to be able to select their exact desired results ahead of cooking
- Universal tub clip for easy attachment to vessels including pots, water tubs, etc.
- Magnetic base to easily mount to any magnetic steel pot or induction-ready cookware
- Sleek cylinder that’s only 12.24 inches tall, 1.85 inches in diameter, and at 1.4 lbs to easily fit into any drawer in your kitchen
- Stainless steel ruler to measure protein thickness for Turbo cooking
- WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities with voice activation connectivity through Alexa or Google Voice Assistant